I have read and agree to the following user responsibilities and to the right of the Library staff to restrict or prevent my use of Library’s computer equipment if I fail to abide by the responsibilities and limits below:
1. Sign in at the reference desk before using the workstations.
2. Time limit of 1 Hour if someone is waiting.
3. Do not damage or alter the computer software or hardware. Computer and Internet settings may not be changed and the downloading of files to workstation hard drives is prohibited. No peripheral devices may be installed on any Library workstation. Examples: handhelds, Palms, CE, digital cameras, printers, notebooks, or external devices for chat.
4. Patrons may save their work to diskettes and zip cartridges. The patrons may use their own pre-formatted diskettes or zip cartridges for saving files (the Library is not responsible for any loss or damage to zip cartridges or personal disks).
5. Patrons must abide by all U.S. copyright laws.
6. E-mail is allowed for users who have their own account. The Library does not provide e-mail accounts or allow use of its accounts.
7. The user is responsible for charges incurred by accessing fee-based services and must not enter the library’s name at these sites. Security of credit card purchases made on the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
8. Users may not use the Library workstations for illegal or criminal purposes.
9. Simultaneous use of two or more workstations is prohibited by I patron.
10. Users of the Library’s workstations may not send, receive, (by e-mail or chat rooms) print or display any child pornography whether text or graphics, that are legally defined by State of Maine Law as “obscene” or “child pornography”.
11. All workstations at the Library are in a public area. We ask you to respect other library patrons around you and consider this before accessing potentially controversial material or material that may be deemed “harmful to minors” as defined by law. It is inappropriate to view sexually graphic and/or explicit materials at public workstations.
I agree to comply with the responsibilities and limits above.
Signature _________________________________________ Date: __________________________
Print Name: ______________________________________ Patron Bar Code #: _______________
Address: ___________________________________________ Phone: ________________________
Revised March 2, 2017